Thursday, March 21, 2013

Texas, you crazy!

Houston Texas is a place where everyone seems either incredibly nice and polite or a stone cold killer. I've been warned numerous times about "security concerns" but honestly I wonder how much of it is fear mongering? There are certainly plenty of police, security officers, and armed Americans around.

Really I have no place talking about this, as a tourist. It is strange though to be warned against walking around in broad daylight, or taking the bus. As someone with a tiny amount of travelling under my belt, I'd have to say Houston is not in the top 5 or even top 10 places I've felt in danger.

Perhaps it's a bit like Halifax in that if you keep your nose clean and out of the drug & gang scene there is no sense worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment